Technology In The Classroom

Technology In The Classroom
Technology In The Classroom

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In Search of the Free Wifi...Part Two

My last entry focused on my inability to get on line from home. My daughter had orders to place on line and I do tech support for a "Cloud-based" software program. If my teachers call even after hours, I need to be online in order to help. So now we are on stop number two in our search for wifi. Welcome to McDonnald's and the Big Mac wifi connection. I really need to get a life but then again, the internet is my life. I guess after 3 large iced teas, two Big Macs, and more frys then I care to eat, I think I have decided that unless my cable system comes through, this is really not the life for me. The realization is this; why is the internet and connecting so important to me. Well for one thing, I get all my current events on line. I live for social networking, and e-mail is the only way to communicate. Because I also do online tech support, I can't get away from it. Don't get me wrong, I love McDonalds but I think I have dropped to a new low in staying two hours sponging off the wifi. I just noticed that they close at 11:00pm. Well that gives me only about an hour and a half to connect with the world. Well let me rethink that, I do have my iphone. All I hope is that this time tomorrow evening I am laying in my bed, connecting at home with my peeps and using my own wifi...if not...its back to my Free Wi-Fi finder on my iphone attempting to locate that one place that will give me the connections that I desire. It might the an all night laundry or maybe I will book a room somewhere. Well this ends Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment